Eldorado Canyon Gold Mine Tour
DEPARTS Las Vegas, NV
Gold Mine Tour in Nevada
- Ride to Eldorado Canyon in our comfortable Tour Trekker
- Experience the Wild West and tour inside the Techatticup gold mine
- Explore a private collection of historic cars, buildings and movie backdrops
- See and learn about unique desert plants like the Teddy Bear Cholla
- Shop at the gift shop for souvenirs
- Stop to photograph expansive views of the Colorado River
Gear up to be immersed in a true wild west experience at one of Nevada’s richest gold mines. There are tales of gold fever and claim jumping, disastrous floods, fortunes won and lost, wild politics and more. Hear true stories of the men who blasted their way underground in search of buried treasure.
You'll learn from a local expert about gold mining in southern Nevada at the Techatticup gold mine, which operated from 1861 until 1942. While you’re there, explore a private collection of old cars, memorabilia, and souvenirs from movie sets filmed in the area. Restrooms and a gift shop are available.
Your certified Pink Jeep Tours guide will give you the colorful history of this remote and once-thriving mine, and point out unique features of the desert landscape. Check out an abundance of desert plants like the Teddy Bear Cholla. They look soft enough to hug, but these teddy bears will hug you right back, in a prickly way you won’t soon forget!
A short drive from the mine reveals interesting geological formations and ends at an overlook above a beautiful stretch of the Colorado River at Nelson’s Landing. Cameras ready for a terrific photo op! For 40 years of the mine’s history, coming up the river on a steamboat to this spot was the main way to reach the mine.
Go back in time on the Eldorado Canyon Gold Mine tour.
Know Before You Go
- No children under 3 are permitted on this tour.
- Tour includes some walking on desert terrain. Closed-toe, comfortable shoes recommended.
- No wheelchair or walker access. Guests can opt to take tour but skip the mine portion.
- Guest with limited mobility should consider:
- There is a 3-yard walk to the mine entrance
- The mine tour is less than 1/4 mile
- Mine has narrow walls and passages. Claustrophobia may be a consideration for some.
VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY
Following are real guest reviews, voluntarily submitted and unedited.
Very entertaining and interesting.
The tour was great. I did not know exactly what to expect about an abandoned gold mine but there was plenty to keep me interested..
Fun; entertaining but too little time to buy a souvenir
It was great. Very informative and entertaining.
Fantastic. Jurgen was the best guide, like a friend that we knew for a long time!! Would love to take more tours with Jurgen!! A complete professional, friendly, courteous, and informative!!!!
It was simply amazing I would recommend it to all my friends and family
Our tour guide John Holmes was outstanding! The whole adventure was exciting and memorable. Thank You!
The tour was fantastic my daughter and I loved every minute of it. We will definitely book another tour with you’ll again soon.
Please refer to my earlier statement
Fun and fantastic
Please Note: All tours are subject to our Terms of Sale which can be found here. Subject to our Terms of Sale, our tours operate rain or shine, provided the roads are open. In the event of severe weather, Pink Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions. Any tour cancelled by Pink Adventure Tours due to unsafe conditions will receive a 100% refund.